After a successful inaugural show, GemGenève prepares for its second year, building on its success as an innovative jewellery marketplace offering top-grade gemstones, pearls, jewels, objet d’art and antique jewellery. Curated and organized by important players from the industry, GemGenève offers an exceptional experience that delights the discerning connoisseur and the experienced merchant alike.
The show delivers not only the inner sanctum of the international gem and jewellery sector, but serves as a learning hub with global leaders and specialists sharing their wealth of experience in dealing with rare coloured stones, natural pearls, antique jewellery and objet d’art.
The show is distinctive in not only bringing under one roof, renowned diamantaires, manufacturers, jewellers, and gemmological laboratories, but also a carefully curated showcase of contemporary stand-alone jewellery designers. The portfolio of exhibitors has been personally curated by Geneva-based industry veterans, Thomas Faerber and Ronny Totah, for their expertise, reputation, history and most importantly, the high quality of their work. Thomas Faerber explained, “We felt the time was right for a different kind of gem and jewellery show. We took a leap of faith, and jumped into the water alongside our colleagues, friends and fellow dealers.”
THE EYES, HANDS, HEART AND SOUL OF THE JEWELLERY WORLD
With 180 exhibitors, representing an increase of 22%, GemGenève 2019 is poised to deliver greater diversity without compromising on quality. The only show in the world to lay strong emphasis on education, 2019 delivers an enhanced schedule of talks, seminars, panel discussions, led by experts in their respective fields. 2019 will also see the continuation of GemGenève’s collaboration with the 2 Geneva’s art and design school, HEAD, with a special student project featuring coloured stones, supported by exhibitor, Mr. Charles Abouchar. The Designer Showcase, renamed ‘Designer Vivarium’, has been expanded to include new under-the-radar artists, and as-yet-undiscovered talent in international contemporary Jewellery. Finally, GemGenève 2019 will, once again, take place at the same time as the major Geneva Jewellery auctions.
This year’s campaign will focus on “Find and Feel”, highlighting the invaluable opportunity offered by the show to experience and handle some of the most rare, beautiful and intriguing gems, jewels and objet d’art in the world; a unique opportunity for Jewellery lovers to benefit from the expert dealers’ “eyes”, to learn, share and enjoy. “In an increasingly digital age, nothing,” says Ronny Totah, “can replace the experience of touching, handling gems and jewels, learning first-hand from acknowledged and impassioned experts.”
GemGenève 2019 at a Glance:
- Even more expert exhibitors – total 180
- Only show to be organized by dealers for dealers
- Elegant, design-driven design of booths and lounge areas
- Inspiring marketing campaign, following “Seek and Find” with “Find and Feel”
- Same convivial, warm and welcoming atmosphere
- Collaboration with HEAD, Geneva’s school of art and design
- Addition of new individual contemporary designer-jewellers to the Designer Vivarium
- Expanded section presenting Emerging Talent
- Leading Gemological Laboratories
- Enhanced educational programme, including trend presentations, talks on Jewellery history,handling sessions, panel discussions on vital trade issues, including created diamonds
- Restaurant and coffee shop, including the popular Tom and Ronny’s
- Shuttle buses from Geneva centre to Palexpo
- Palexpo is easily accessible, convenient for train and plane connections
- Geneva’s hotels restaurants and hospitality